- Robb Elementary
Uvalde CISD FAQ:
FAQ: Updated Wednesday, March 18, 2020
This is a rapidly developing situation. We will remain in close communication with local and state health authorities and will provide updates to our community on district websites, emails, district app push alerts, and social media as the situation changes. This FAQ document will be updated as information changes.
- Why did Uvalde CISD decide to close? As a preventative measure students are not attending school at this time with learning resources being provided online and in paper format. If assistance is needed campus principals and secretaries are available.
- How long will school be closed? We are following the recommendations of federal, state and local authorities regarding the length of school closure. We will announce any changes to the return date on our website, district app, email, and social media pages. Please stay tuned.
- Will any campuses or district offices be open during the closure? Central Office and campuses will remain open with minimal staff.
- Will we have to make up these days? Since we are continuing to provide instruction, we do not believe we will have to make up these days.
- I was unable to pick up an instruction packet for my student on the designated day. How can I get one now? You may call your child’s campus or Central Office (830-278-6655).
- Will instructional information be available online? Yes, the Uvalde CISD Home Learning Resources Website will be on each campus website in the announcement section. https://sites.google.com/uvaldecisd.net/ucisdhomelearningresources/home
- I was unable to pick up my child’s meal pack. Can I still get one? Yes. You should call the UCISD Food Service Dept. at 830-591-4913.
- What if I cannot pick up my child’s instruction packet? Call the campus to notify them on Tuesday morning.
- What if my child needs help with instruction? Contact your child’s teacher via email or Class Dojo.
- My child is enrolled in High School Dual Credit, CTE, or Early College High School Dual Credit course. What should they do while school is closed? Follow SWTJC guidance on instruction during the closure.
- My child is in a Dual Credit course (either at High School or Early College High School). Do they complete the assignment from the high school, or the assignment that was emailed to them from their college professor? Or do they have to do both? Your child is only required to complete the assignment from their college professor.
- Questions regarding UIL Competitions. We will continue to monitor UIL’s website and Coach Gonzales will stay in touch with our District Chair. We will share any new information.
- What about State Testing? The STAAR testing requirement has been waived for this year.
- What about other tests such as TELPAS and AP exams? We have no information on changes to other exams. Updates will be provided as we get additional information.
- Will the closure affect the graduation date? At this time Uvalde CISD will continue to follow the school calendar as approved by the board of trustees.
- Will Prom be canceled? In accordance with the recent Uvalde County Declaration, all events scheduled during this time of closure are canceled. Decisions regarding the possible rescheduling of events will be made in cooperation with state and local government and health agencies which will be announced at a later date.
- If someone traveled to another country, what is the district doing? We are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations. If the person traveled to a Level 3 country, they were told to self-quarantine.
- Some employees went on cruises during the break. Did they report to work? If they did not visit a Level 3 country, the CDC only recommends that cruise passengers monitor their health. There is no quarantine requirement.
- Are we aware of anyone having Coronavirus in the Uvalde area? There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in the Uvalde area.
- Where do I go for information on COVID-19? Coronavirus COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/
- Where can parents find information on how to talk to their child about Coronavirus Anxiety? The Official Blog of Children’s Hospital of Orange County Website: 7 WAYS TO HELP KIDS COPE WITH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ANXIETY
- Where can I find information on free Wi-Fi? ABC News has shared an article on U.S. providers offer free Wi-Fi for 60 days
- Have a question that has not been addressed?
Email it to Anne Marie Espinoza at email@example.com