Degrees and Certifications:
World History will be a study of the human saga around the world from pre-history to the present
day. It is a fun, challenging, and active class, which encourages students to understand the
diversity of the world’s cultures. This class will serve as a foundation for future social studies
The Classroom Rules are:
1. Be on time and in your seat when the bell rings.
2. Be prepared with materials and work.
3. Be in your seat unless have permission to be out.
4. Be quiet unless given permission to talk.
5. Be polite, courteous, and respectful.
1. Supplies: pen or pencil, map pencils, notebook, IPAD
2. Start of Class: Class begins every day with an activity. First, enter the room quietly and pick
up your notebook. Second, begin your activity. It will be posted on the board, projector
screen, or on a paper. These activities are mandatory and will be graded.
3. Coming to Attention: When you see me call for attention, please quiet down and wait for
instruction. If you have a question, raise your hand and wait your turn to speak.
4. Absences: If you miss class it is your responsibility to get your make up work. Complete
your assigned work promptly in order to receive full credit.
5. Late Work: All late work must be turned in by the next assessment. A grade of 70 is the
highest grade a student can earn for make - up work as a result of an unexcused
absence or being in ISS.
6. Grading System:
Daily Grades (class work) 30%
Projects, Essays, Quizzes 10%
Unit Tests, Chapter Tests 20%
Quarterly Test/ Benchmark 20%