Learning & Innovation
The Office of Learning & Innovation, in partnership with campuses and external partners, provides customized support for meeting state and federal accountability standards and graduating all students college and career ready. The Office encompasses divisions of PK-12 Teaching and Learning, Blended Learning, Digital Learning, Professional Learning, Assessment, Accountability, Beginning Teacher Mentoring, Leadership Development, and Improvement Planning.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, all districts and campuses will receive a label of Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster for 2021. Although overall scores and domain A–F ratings will not be assigned, all available student achievement data will be published. In past years, the academic accountability system has measured Student Achievement (Domain 1), School Progress (Domain 2), and Closing the Gaps (Domain 3). The overview below indicates the areas that will not be calculated for Accountability 2021:
Please visit TxSchools.gov for detailed reports for each district, campus, and open-enrollment charter school in the state of Texas.
Parents can support student learning by accessing the STAAR resources to get acquainted with the learning targets students are aiming for. You can also support learning at home by:
- Prioritizing academics and personal goal-setting
- Making sure that your child is completing all assignments
- Helping your child develop good study habits, thinking skills, and a positive attitude towards education from an early age
- Ensuring that your child has good attendance at school
- Staying in communication with your child's teacher
- Helping your child learn how to follow directions carefully
- Connecting your child to instructional resources provided by UCISD to engage your child with learning standards
- Encouraging your child to read as much as possible, and to increase vocabulary. Even reading magazines, newspapers, and comic books regularly will help improve his/her reading skills
- Fostering your child's interest in college, career, and/or military pathways.