Inclement Weather Protocols
Uvalde CISD administration understands that safety is of utmost importance, especially for our students and staff. That's why we have a protocol in place when bad weather strikes. Our decision-making process prioritizes safety and caution so our students and staff feel secure at school.
We know that weather-related school delays and cancellations can significantly impact families, and we strive to minimize any adverse effects on student learning. Each weather situation is unique, and we consider all factors when making our decisions.
Please note that official messages regarding school delays or cancellations will only be distributed through our standard UCISD communication procedures. This includes phone alerts, text messages, phone calls, district websites, and UCISD social media. We want to ensure that all families receive the most up-to-date and accurate information in a timely manner.
Thank you for entrusting us with the education and safety of your children. We will continue to prioritize their well-being in all of our decision-making processes.
- How do we make our decision?
- Who makes the decision?
- When is the decision made?
- How is the public notified?
- How does UCISD's automated calling system work?
- If I know bad weather is expected in our area, what should I do?
- How do I find out if my child’s after-school activity has been canceled?
- If school is delayed due to weather, will breakfast still be served?
- What if bad weather hits during school hours?
- Early Release for School Bus Riders