|Title:||Content Specialist—Social Studies|
|Description:||Directs all aspects of the District-wide PK-12 Social Studies instructional programs including curriculum development, implementation, assessment, evaluation, and professional staff development. |
Click Here to Apply
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in content area or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Valid Texas Teacher Certification by the State Board
- Valid Texas Drivers License with driving record that meets the requirements of the District
- T-TESS Certificate, SIOP, ESL/Bilingual Certificate, ELPS Training a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original and innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentation on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
|Start Date:||September 2016|
|Salary:||Commensurate upon experience|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Olvedo|
|Contact Phone:||(830) 278-6655 Ext. 1031|
|Contact Fax:||(830) 591-4927|
|Contact Address:||1000 North Getty Street|