|Title:||Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction|
|Description:||Provide leadership and accountability of the overall instructional program for K-12 students for the district. To include supervise and coordinate the efforts of various departments within the Curriculum and Instruction Division , which includes Curriculum, Staff Development, Special Education, Instructional Technology, 504, Gifted and Talented, Dyslexia, RTI, Accountability, School Improvement, Counseling Department, Library Services, Bilingual/ESL, PLC’s, Mentoring of New Teachers, and Coaching and Modeling.|
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Master's degree
- Management Certification /Administrative Certification
- ILD & PDAS Certificates.
- Administrative experience in curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness.
- Ability to manage the instructional program.
- Ability to coordinate district functions.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and data.
- Strong and effective communication, public relations,
- and interpersonal skills.
- Five years principal-ship experience (preferred)
- Five years curriculum and instructional leadership experience
- Five years classroom teaching experience
|Start Date:||May 2016|
|Salary:||Commensurate upon experience|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Olvedo|
|Contact Phone:||(830) 278-6655|
|Contact Fax:||(830) 591-4927|
|Contact Address:||1000 North Getty Street|